For the last few months, my time has been swallowed by home educating our granddaughter who has been too ill to go to school. But she’s now back at school part-time so I can get back to writing.
I haven’t been completely idle during that time – I’ve published The Green Sheep – but I haven’t created anything from scratch. So my New Year’s Resolution is to be a proper writer and tackle fresh projects. I’m starting with a pantomime for our local theatre. Then I’ll have to work on something completely different, but I can’t decide what that should be.
The options so far are
- Another story about Sasha and Meteor (from There Must Be Horses)
- A new horse story, not featuring Sasha and Meteor.
- A young adult fantasy with horsey connections but not actually about horses
- A book for homeschoolers about algebra.
- A book for writers about creating plots.
- A series of short novels about a world with dragons
As you can see, my head is teeming with ideas. I’d welcome your opinion on which ones to work on so please add a comment to tell me what you think.